Iceland is Britain’s go-to frozen food store and boasts almost 1000 stores across the whole of the country. The brand opened its first store back in 1970 and is now a high-street favourite that offers value and choice to hungry shoppers. The stores stock a full range of frozen meat, poultry, fish, veg, desserts and ready-meals, plus a selection of fresh produce, snacks, drinks and store-cupboard essentials.
There are always deals, discounts and special offers available in the store which is perfect for anyone on a budget. As the prices are hard to beat it’s the ideal shop for picking up easy-to-make student meals, affordable dinners and cheap snacks every day.
- Top of everyone’s list for quick and tasty meals is the humble pizza. Pop one in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes and you’ve got a whole plateful of delicious joy. In Iceland, they have a selection of pizzas that costs just £1. A favourite is the Iceland Thin & Crispy Double Pepperoni that simply oozes with mozzarella. There’s a deep pan version too.
- For a satisfying cheap fish dish, serve up Young’s Admiral Pie for dinner and you’ll score points all round. Filled with fish and a cheesy sauce, the mashed potato topping finishes this meal off to perfection. It can be cooked in the oven or the microwave so this is a versatile choice. It’s great to find such a yummy ready-meal for just £1 in the freezer section.
- For hungry folks who don’t eat meat, pick up 10 Veggie Fingers from Birds Eye Green Cuisine for £1 at Iceland. With breadcrumbs on the outside and a mix of cauliflower, broccoli, peppers and carrots inside, they are delicious dipped in ketchup or mayo. With 10 in the pack, there are plenty for lunch and dinner.
- Greggs the Baker knows how to make a fantastic savoury pastry, and their Frozen Vegetable Bakes don’t disappoint. They are sold in a pack of 2 for £1 in Iceland, so there’s enough for a couple of tasty meals in a box. A steak bake and a chicken bake versions are also available for the same price too, so you can mix things up.
- If Friday night is curry night, then pick up one of Iceland’s Curry and Rice microwave dinners in the £1 value range. The chicken and the beef curries come with rave reviews. With a 10-minute cooking time, you can be tucking into this British favourite in no time.
Iceland’s £1 range offers a wide range of frozen food and fresh produce, and new items are added every week. It’s great for student meals and budget-conscious shoppers.
Iceland offers online shopping with home delivery so you don’t need a car to get a full week’s shop home. Fill the freezer with delicious £1 dishes and keep your hard-earned cash in your wallet.