Your staff is driving a company vehicle to make a delivery to the consumers. While on the way, he or she ends up ramming another vehicle and, in the process, causes enormous damage. Besides the physical damage, the occupant of the other vehicle sustains some injuries and needs to be taken to the hospital. Here is where a company vehicle insurance comes in handy as it takes care of both the property damage and medical expenses that come up due to the accident. Regrettably, failure to have this type of coverage would demand that your company covers all the costs.
So, if you or your staffs use company cars for business operations, it would be worth getting a business car insurance. Basically, it will help you pay for the financial costs that come from an unforeseen accident if you or your staff is found guilty. In fact, in the event of a fatal accident, this car policy comes in handy. For instance, company car insurance from Mustard can help protect companies and their workers in multiple ways, such as:
- Driving between multiple work locations
- Driving the workers around town
- Visiting existing and potential clients
- Carrying out deliveries on behalf of a company
Choosing a car policy for your company isn’t a walk in the park since there are several options to select from. Mustard, as a leading car policy provider, offers the following options:
Class 1 – it only covers the use of a vehicle for company purposes. Unluckily, it exempts commercial use like good deliveries and door-to-door sales. On some occasions, it only embraces the policy owner plus the spouse.
Class 2 – it covers two drivers, authorised driver for organisation use, and the policyholder. Also, it excludes commercial use.
Class 3 – it covers commercial use plus door-to-door sales.
Note, there are several types and classes of car policy options for your company, but they typically change from one provider to the other.
While having a personal car policy covers you when driving to and from work, it is essential to keep in mind that it’s limited to the protection it offers you when driving it for company purposes. While most basic policies will cover the company users, there are a few limitations inserted into the plan that people need to think of before assuming that the policy is appropriate or adequate.
- If you are individual who drives your vehicle for company purposes, you can acquire individual insurance for all your usage requirements.
- The personal car policy exempts various company use and will not come into help if the company owns the car.
- A company insurance policy offers company auto liability insurance to all company owners who besides having a fleet of vehicles, also allow their staffs to drive the company vehicles.
- The company car polices substantial coverage to a broad range of cars.
- A company car policy does not take care of personal use unless you subscribe to extra vehicle endorsement to broaden the coverage.
All in all, company vehicle insurance is inevitable if you use your vehicle for company operations. Besides, you require a company vehicle insurance if you use the car often to visit clients or drive it between various locations. Moreover, having a company vehicle insurance is a must if you frequently travel for company purposes.