It might seem like a bit of a joke, talking about insuring your home contents, or anything else, with Mustard. But we can assure you, it’s not. It’s a reference to the name of a company. This company can insure your home, your car and even your life. They’re well worth checking out. They promise to give the best possible price and claim to beat the lowest quote you can find.
We spend a long time building up a collection of contents for our homes. The loss of some of our items owing to an accident or unfortunate event can be a real hardship. That’s why home contents insurance is such an advantage. It’s a bit of extra support when you need it.
- What Are Home Contents? Home contents are part of our home, but not part of our house. It includes items like your refrigerator, your television set and your computer. It also includes your beds, sofas, cookware and utensils. We wouldn’t be able to live comfortably without our home contents. That’s for certain.
- Indemnity or New-for-Old Cover Indemnity Cover takes wear and tear into consideration. Suppose you paid £350 for your bed? Under an indemnity cover, you may receive only £200 to replace your bed, if it’s a few years old.Of course you can purchase a new-for-old policy instead, which will give you the money for a brand new bed or anything else, if necessary. Naturally, new-for-old policies are expensive.
- Policy Add-Ons There are certain aspects not covered in standard policies. You may like to enquire about them and add them to your policy for an extra charge. There’s the personal possessions add-on that covers items you take out, but the laptop and phone. Be careful to specify their cost, to pay the correct premium. There’s also legal costs cover, in case you have to sue a trades person, or if someone sues you. Accidental cover helps you in case a spillage or fall damages your possessions. Home Emergency Cover helps if the heating breaks down in the middle of winter.
- Single Article Limit There’s usually a limit to the amount of money you’ll get in case a valuable item is damaged. Your amount might be less than the worth. Talk to your provider.
- Lowering your Premium Cost Be sure that your house is adequately protected against events like burglary, with good locks and burglar alarms. You can also think of combining your home contents policy with your cover policy, if that works for you.
If you’re considering insuring your home contents with this company, it’s a good idea to take them at their word.